Untamed Africa Safaris is East Africa’s premier safari company, carefully crafting authentic and memorable Kenya Safaris and Tanzania holiday adventures.From Kenya’s endless savannahs to the summit of Africa’s highest peak, Kilimanjaro, from your mobile camp deep in the Maasai Mara to the rich history and Swahili culture of Lamu, East Africa’s diversity is yours to discover with untamed Africa Safaris. Come face to face with the Big Five, join the Rendille people and their camel trains for a walking safari along the shores of Lake Turkana, or immerse yourself in the colourful spectacle of East Africa’s 1,100 species of birds —all in the company of the world’s best safari guides. If you’re passionate about the wonders of East Africa’s wildlife, landscapes and cultures, come join us. We are the Safari People!
Planning a trip to Kenya?Going on safari is one of those once-in-a-lifetime experiences, and many long-term travelers add an African safari to their list of pillars to plan their trip around.
But how do you go about planning your safari?Quick tips
- In Kenya, you cannot go on safari on your own.
- Although anyone can go to the National Parks (for a fee), you need to pre-plan a safari.
- Camps recommend booking at least 3 weeks in advance, and preferably as soon as possible.
- Some camps have people make reservations 3 years in advance!
- There are no public lodgings near many national parks (like Amboseli and Maasai Mara). Therefore, you must book your safari with a safari company.
At the heart of most visits to Kenya, the safari is the wildlife-watching part of the trip, and usually implies at least an overnight stay. Before anything else, bear in mind that the professionalism and experience of your guide can transform any visit to the parks. Then think about whether you want comfort or a grittier experience, and whether you want the convenience of having it pre-booked as part of a package holiday, or the independence of picking and choosing online, or once you’re in Kenya. Remember that the parks can be visited privately, allowing you to arrange your own itinerary. If you have the time, this is a good alternative to an organized trip.